Schedule a Call

Fill in your details below and we'll have one of our product specialists contact you.


Seniors Need to File Tax Return to Get Rebate Check

Seniors can benefit from the economic stimulus law enacted on
February 13, 2008, but they need to file an income tax return. Seniors,
disabled veterans, and veterans’ widows will receive $300 payments if
they earned $3,000 in Social Security or veterans’ disability benefits
in 2007. In addition, workers who earned at least $3,000, but not
enough to pay income taxes, will be eligible for payments of $300. For
higher income individuals, the law provides rebate checks of up to $600
per individual. The stimulus payment begins to phase out for
individuals with adjusted gross incomes (AGI) over $75,000 and married
couples who file a joint return with AGI over $150,000.

In order to get a rebate, you need to file an income tax
return even if you do not have any tax liability. You will need to
report any Social Security income on the tax return. This does not mean
you will be taxed on your Social Security income, but you must report
it in order to get the rebate. If you file the tax return on time, you
should receive the rebate check in May or June.

For more information on the stimulus payments and what income tax forms to file, go to or call 1-800-829-1040.

For a Senior Journal article "IRS Helps Low-Income Senior Citizens Qualify for Economic Stimulus Payments," click here.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.

Get Your FREE Report Now!

Three Reports Tell Secrets to Paying for Nursing Home Care

Simply enter your name and email to the right to get
your 3 Free Reports that reveal little known secrets to qualifying for Medicaid without going broke.

Plus, receive the Morton Law Firm email newsletter and alerts to upcoming education events absolutely free!

Morton Book

Call Us (601)925-9797 or Email Us

Copyright 2018 Morton Law Firm, LLC | Privacy | Disclaimer | Sitemap